Self-introdution (Formal Letter)

Dear Professor,

My name is Elise Chang, and I am writing this email as an introduction to get to understand me better. I have previously completed a Diploma in Aeronautical and Aerospace Technology in Nanyang Polytechnic, and I am currently pursuing a Degree in Mechanical Engineering in SIT. With my interest in designing and developing, coupled with the fact that mechanical engineering is a broad engineering discipline, I decided on this degree as I felt that I will be able to venture into a broad spectrum of employment opportunities as well.

As I prepare myself to enter the workforce, one essential skill to possess is communication. Personally, I have always struggled with verbally expressing myself, especially in front of bigger groups, for the fear that I might in turn embarrass myself. I may even get anxious over a situation as small as a group project where sharing my ideas is necessary. Working on being able to collect my thoughts and fluently vocalise them is something that I am still working on and hope to achieve one day. That being said, one of the things I bring is my written communication, where I am able to actively listen and gather the thoughts of everyone on the table and put it into a clear and concise manner. This is often useful when writing reports for a project.

Through this module, I hope to be able to be more confident in my ideas such that I can comfortably share and express myself. I also hope to be better at performing under pressure and be able to communicate my thoughts more efficiently while keeping it concise when speaking to a larger audience.

 

Yours Sincerely,

Elise Chang



Edited 15th September

Read:
Hwee Leen 
Dora 
Yu Han 
Benedict
Xing He

Comments

  1. Hi Elise, great letter that you have written about yourself. Some feedbacks I have is that the capitalization of words for example diploma in aeronautical and aerospace technology. Other than that the rest seems good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about yourself. I like how you expressed both your strengths and weaknesses, allowing readers to understand more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Summary/ Reader Response Draft 4